The Flash Flood

The flash flood that occurred in Metro Manila about a few weeks ago was the first of its kind. According to my close relatives who actually experienced it, the rush of water from nowhere (not the rains) was unprecedented: water rose from the ankle up to the neck in a matter of seconds (+-) while they were running...

The school of my kids was flooded, too, it being located beside a creek. The markings on the school wall showed it was above a man's head level.

This is the main reason why we had to relocate. Had it been a school day, I dread to imagine what could have occurred.My Ivvong's classroom is located in the ground floor, and they were more than 30+ in class. While I want to believe the teachers are competent, there would still be around hundred children to look after had the calamity occurred in a school day... we have a lot to be thankful of, despite the man-made calamity... Man-made because the floods weren't caused directly by rain but by simultaneously opening dam sites without warning the populace that would have been affected nor the various government bureaus being ready about it at all...

The children had to be transferred in new school(s). One of the more difficult part about moving is relocating my craft workshop... But anyway, we have settled... and I have been crafting non-stop again (unless I had to attend to my current event project...)

...my craft workshop...

... mini trees... some of my copper wire creations... all wired on beach stone...

... a mini Christmas tree... about 6" tall...


... white glass hexagon beads wired on beach stone with natural shell...

Comments

shafarina said…
I love the last piece. Its beautiful. Are you selling it?