Goats? Not.

In this age of the corona virus scare, it should be pointed out to all that: 
  • Many of the fatalities are either in their senior years or have previous health issues, most common is respiratory. 
  • There is a lack of reliable test kit, so, it is highly possible that the virus has been in all places prior to the China, Iran, and Italy "contamination" stages that are being claimed.
  • Good health beats handwashing, alcohol and disinfectants, paper tissues, and use of facemasks at all times
  • While still in doubt, we might as well go back to traditional medicines: the sun, water for hydration, oil (back massage at the first sign of cough and sole of feet massage at the first sign of  cold), and vinegars (cane/apple cider/etc) for sponge bath from head to toe at the first sign of flu. These methods I have personally used, with positive results, in keeping my family of five as well as my kin, from cough, colds, and flu for decades now).
And while we are at it, I would like to share a limited view of the Ilocano array of (fruits and) vegetables, which I might claim, one of the widest our fellow Filipinos from other regions call us "goats!" So, if you find one or some in these photos that you have seen but never bothered to try eating, I can assure you, that or those have been serving as food for Ilocanos for maybe over a century - I really do not know. While I am ignorant of the names of all these foods, if it's in the Ilocano market, you can be sure people have been eating them, with good results! And we're one of the world's more resilient ethnic groups despite our poverty (due mainly to government corruption)!
 



Comments

iStariray23 said…
Stumbled on your post c", Love the content
Anonymous said…
thanks IStariray23
iStariray23 said…
I kept coming back here and wonder why you stopped writing.

Hope you well.
Anonymous said…
hi iStariray... I am on my next stage of the Confucious recommendation... plant trees,library, & teach 😁 - gypsy