Rainy Season Visitors

Every year when the rainy season comes, I have plant visitors. Visitors because although I did not expect them, they appear, are welcome, they are not so-imposing, and they look lovely. I do not know their names, yet, but they work well for temporary topiary-making (I tried last year!), or maybe, even kokedama, if you can.

These first 3 are crawling small plants with teeny-tiny lavender flowers. They are probably called weeds elsewhere, but not for me. One group, I have harnessed on the side of the cottage wall, the other two groups are too delicate to "mind" so, I just let them spread all over the pebbles.

Then, we have this lily, who had my superstitious neighbor call it "malas" or bad luck for its "black" flower. I determined it's kind of dark maroon, so, I let it be. 

All of them stay until the rains are regular. They disappear once the dry season begins. But I can look forward to their visit once the rains come.





Comments