Greenscaping & Imitating Nature

One of my favorite places and spaces are greenscapes - gardens, parks, forests, even pocket gardens will do. But I am sure I am only one of the many who do. As already proven, green spaces (and probably objects that represent them) provide relief to the tired, harassed, modern man.
Since I have re-settled from the city to my roots - the Cordilleras of northern Luzon - I've started gardening and cultivate seedlings for my own good.

It is quite challenging - wounded with thorns and protruding branches along the way, dealing with dry hard soil or wet, clayey ground, weeds, but most importantly stray goats, chickens, and children that have an adverse addiction to hitting or uprooting thriving plants. Those times, I feel like I'd like to be a criminal, too, but then, my emotions could really go wild and unrestrained most of the time... I just let it, after all, it's just the mind.
Creating a trellised pathway to my hut... hopefully one day... (dry season view)

Rainy season view...
This view of the oldest mango trees in our barangay has been deciminated, gone forever... just because the holes in their roots were populated (I love this technical word - please wait while your file is being populated - or something to that effect)  by local anacondas...
Violet wild flowers...  

Kawkawwati flowers... watch out cherry blossoms! 

But I love the things I do... and when I am not gardening, I craft to imitate the beauty of nature through recycled papers, wires, plastics, and fabrics...








Comments